June 30, 2020
Hastings Beauty School OPEID #02097300 received education stabilization funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”), Public Law No: 116-136. This Fund Report applies to the student portion received under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) that is designated exclusively for emergency financial aid grants to students.
This Funds report is disclosing, for transparency purposes and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education’s (“Department”) Electronic Announcement of May 6, 2020, the appropriation of the funds for students. For questions or concerns regarding this Fund Report, please contact Dunoon Warnke, School Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hastings Beauty School signed and returned the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students with the acknowledgement that no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act would be distributed to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students is $26,882.00
- The total amount of emergency financial aid grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of this Funds Report is $26,882.00.
- The total number of students at Hastings Beauty School eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 10.
- Hastings Beauty School has distributed Emergency Financial Aid Grants under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to all 10 of the eligible students.
- Hastings Beauty School determined all students that were actively attending as of March 17th, 2020 and would be returning when the school reopened would be eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act in the amount of $2,688.20. The funds were distributed via US mail immediately following the school’s receipt of the funds.
- Hastings Beauty School notified the students these funds were to ease any financial burdens they may have incurred due to Covid-19 and the interruption of their education. They were encouraged to use these funds for the purpose in which they were granted.