A Few Words About Us
- Established in 1985
- Licensed by the MN Board of Cosmetology Examiners, 2829 University Avenue Southeast, Suite 710, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55014, Telephone: (651) 201-2742
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences (NACCAS), 4401 Ford Avenue, Suite 1300, Alexandria, Virginia 22302, Telephone: (703) 379-2200 | www.naccas.org
- Federal Student Aid participating institution
- Approved for veterans’ education benefits by the Minnesota State Approving Agency.
You know…all the usual stuff. So…
What’s the Difference?
- All states require cosmetologists to be licensed. To qualify for a license, candidates are required to graduate from a state-approved cosmetology program.
- Every school in the State of Minnesota that offers a program in Cosmetology must adhere to the licensing requirements established by the MN Board of Cosmetology Examiners, and provide 1550 hours of training in those areas that will prepare a student for the licensing exam.
- Most of these schools are accredited by a national institutional accrediting agency listed by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Most of these schools are eligible to participate in some or all of the Federal Student Aid programs.
So…what IS the difference?The difference is in how you feel about how you’ll be treated. At Hastings Beauty School, small is beautiful. We’re not for everyone, but if you feel most comfortable in a small school and class environment with instructors available to answer your questions almost immediately, we may be just what you’re looking for. Here’s our promise. You’ll never be in a hands-on clinic class with more than 12 students, and we’ll always have at least one instructor for every 12 students during clinic practice…not the one instructor for every 20 students allowed by the state. And one more promise… If you’ve made a commitment to improve your life…we’ll make a commitment to you. If this sounds like the type of school in which you’d be most comfortable, call us today!
Dan, Thank you for everything you have done for me in just this short time. I am so grateful to have found such a wonderful school with such great people! Also, thank you for making the transition so easy for me! You are an amazing person and you run an amazing school! Thank you for everything! - Alicia
This Beauty School is a wonderful experience for all, clients and students alike. The atmosphere is fun, creative, and laid-back so you can be you. The staff is supportive and extremely helpful. When you come here, even just for a haircut, you can feel the family oriented atmosphere all around. So come on in, and experience the love for hair. - Miranda H.
Hastings Beauty School is an amazing experience. It's so fun to see everyone's changes. - Amanda M.
Hastings Beauty School – It's a relaxed learning environment with instructors that all have something different to offer the students. - Jenni
Hastings Beauty School is a great way to start a career. It's a fun-filled experience filled with great people & a great learning environment. - Sammie M.
Hastings Beauty School is fun! You learn so much in a fun and exciting environment. - J.D.